It has been a while. Who knew having a baby would be so all encompassing?! Parents knew! LOL. But not to worry! Oy Vegan is back and we’re ready to share recipes, ideas and lots of other cool stuff with you.
The high holidays are over and we hope everyone had a very meaningful and happy holiday season.
With Halloween coming up tomorrow, I figured I would share what I’m going to be making . Our family is coming over and I’m planning to make some spooky vegan eats and treats.
Five Halloween Eats and Treats recipes!
- Fall themed sugar cookies with naturally coloured icing. I’ll be using Chloe Coscarelli’s sugar cookie recipe from her Chloe’s Vegan Desserts cookbook. I’ll also be making cookie icing and using carrot juice to colour it! I read about this on a few different sites, the names of which escape me at the moment. If you google natural food colouring you’re sure to find a lot.
- Oy Vegan Choco-Ghoulie Bars of course. I’ve had a special request for these!
- Spooky Spider Cheddar Cheese Ball. I’m super excited to make this! I have my black sesame seeds ready and my cashews soaking.
- Spooky scary mini halloween pizzas. I just think these are the cutest.
- Kettle corn. Sweet and salty popcorn always hits the spot!
I’ll definitely post pics of the finished products! And my baby in his monkey costume. Happy Hall-Oy-Ween everyone!
Thought I would also share this Halloween PETA video. I think it’s from last year. Enjoy!