These are great grab on the go snack and there is NO SUGAR whatsoever! They are also lovely with a cup of tea. These can be made gluten free if you use gluten free Oats. (Added note: These muffins are not the sweetest. If you desire a sweeter muffin, add a few tablespoons of maple syrup to your wet ingredients.)
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
(Adapted from source)
Makes 12 muffins
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup oat flour (grind regular oats in a food processor to make this)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1 cup pureed overripe banana ( 2 large bananas)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup of orange or apple juice
• 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Blend banana in a food processor until smooth.
4. Mix banana, and the rest of the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
5. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and combine. Fold in chocolate chips if using.
6. Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out dry.