On the weekend of September 7th-9th, the 28th Annual Vegetarian Food Festival took place. Oy Vegan was there all three days hanging out and attending various events and sampling delectable vegan food. Here are some of Jamie and Jared’s top picks!
1. Learning how to make tomato olive seitan gyros with Terry Hope Romero. I tried making these at home after and they were amazing! I have to say the coconut yoghurt dill Tzatziki sauce is super tasty.
2. Bumping into veJEWtarian friends wandering about the booths.
Shimmy, Janice, and Jamie
3. Eating the pizza with sundried tomato, cashew cheese, and kale from Green Zebra Kitchen! I was honestly blown away by how great this pizza was. Best vegan pizza I’ve ever tried!
4. Visiting the awesome people at Toronto Pig Save. Congratulations to Anita Krajnc for winning the Compassion for Animals Award!
Jared, Danielle, Jamie
5. Seeing Vegan Mealtime on the Redpath Stage. These guys were full of energy and totally hilarious! Seaweed strips & Seaweed strips & Seaweed strips & Seaweed strips!
2. Learning how to cook Caribbean style with Taymer Mason and winning her Bajan/ Jerk wet spice mix handmade straight from St. Maarten. Awesome!
3. Hearing Ultraman Athlete Rich Roll speak about changing his life with a plant based diet!
4. Eating the sticky mushroom rice wrapped in a banana leaf from King’s Café for breakfast. Yum!
All in all, the TVA did an amazing job this year and the festival was a ton of fun. Despite the rain on Saturday, it was packed with people! There are many other highlights that we are leaving out and we encourage everyone to check out the Toronto Vegetarian Association and all the cool events they hold in the city.
Here’s to a healthy fall!