Revving up for Pesach and not sure what to bring to the big family dinner? Here are 5 vegan items that are sure to impress everyone!
1. Obviously, one needs a good Matzo Ball Soup recipe. Personally, I make a really tasty veggie soup with dill and parsley and I make matzo balls using tofu as the binder. I also add nutritional yeast for extra health benefits. That being said, there are many vegan recipes online. Here are a few that are super tasty!
2. This may sound cray cray, but I’m excited to try this recipe out today! Check out the “V’ word’s recipe for vegan Gifilte fish!
3. A little birdie told me that quinoa is kosher for passover, whether you’re Ashkenazi or Sephardic! Nava Atlas has a tasty recipe for quinoa pilaf that is sure to impress.
4. Chef Chloe does it again with her vegan rendition of every Jewish person’s favourite Passover breakfast item: Matzo Brei!
5. Last but not least, this recipe for sweet potato kugel is scrumptious, healthy and packed with flavour, unlike many a kugel I’ve had in my day. Here is the Vegetarian Resource Group’s recipe. There are a few other passover friendly recipes on their site as well.
Wishing everyone a happy passover and enjoy your seders!
I leave you with this: Shalom Sesame’s Les Matzarables!